Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Japan: Part 1 - Accommodation

Tokyo - Kangaroo Hotel


Facilities: Tiny but functional room, with a TV, air con, fridge, table and cable internet access. Really cheap at 3,300JPY/night for a single room. Shared facilities include clean shower rooms, baths, toilets, hair dryer, microwave, washing machine, kettle and computers.


But even though the shared facilities are nice, I’ve realized I’m too high maintenance for shared bathrooms nowadays! I need my own bathroom! So the next time I’m in Tokyo, I probably won’t stay here^^

Location: About 10 mins walk from Minami-senju on subway Hibiya line and JR Joban line. Pretty convenient, as Minami-senju is only 3 stops away from Ueno.
http://www.e-otomari.jp/~english/hotels/kangaroohotel.html

Osaka – Kinki Hotel

First of all, kinky things really happen here! *cough cough* There’s advertised rates for 2 hrs/ 3 hrs etc and I saw a Japanese man trying to convince a woman to go in with him. Super funny ^^.

BUT I didn’t hear any sounds at night, its location is super fantastic and the facilities are really good for the price.



Facilities: Comfortably sized room with TV, air con, fridge, table, cable internet access, kettle, and a bathroom! Bathroom is tiny but functional, with complimentary toiletries. There’s even a yukata!

Location: About ten minutes walk from Osaka station, right in the middle of Umeda, surrounded by shopping centers and eateries. Osaka station is super convenient for taking trains to Kyoto, Nara etc.
http://hotelkinki.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment